ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
Scrum@Scale is the scaling framework created by the inventor of Scrum, Jeff Sutherland. From Fortune 100 companies to start-ups, Scrum@Scale® transforms organizations into Agile enterprises. Scrum@Scale naturally extends the core Scrum framework to deliver hyper-productive results across industries and disciplines (software, hardware, services, operations, and R&D).
Are you or your organization challenged by globally distributed teams? No need to worry; our instructors are experts in distributed Scrum collaboration. In addition to Scaling Scrum, our students will also learn the principles for effective collaboration in distributed Scrum environments.
This course is an interactive class with lectures, exercises, demonstrations, facilitated discussions, and games to illustrate the principles to maximize your understanding. Students will interact using the tools and skills necessary for effective distributed Scrum collaboration. These include:
- Overcome the challenges of cross-team dependencies with an emphasis on prioritization at the enterprise level
- Refactor organization to meet changing market demands
- Deliver working features on a regular cadence
- Facilitate cross-team collaboration and release planning with one-to-many teams across any sized initiative
- Develop a transformation backlog to scale organizational reach and impact
- Measure and improve key metrics for Enterprise agility
This two-day course qualifies students to take the Certified Scrum@Scale Practitioner (CS@SP) exam and become Certified Scrum@Scale Practitioners. The class provides an overview of implementing Scrum with thousands of teams. You’ll learn the principles to efficiently transform your organization to minimize decision delay and reduce waste. This course also allows you to assess the Scrum maturity level of your organization during the two-day class and leave with a plan on how to make the necessary changes to scale Scrum. You will leave with a heat map, impact map, and material to help you scale and refactor your organization.
Scrum@Scale What & Why
- The Agile Practice
- Scrum values, roles, responsibilities, and events
- The role of enterprise leadership in large-scale implementations
The Components of Scrum@Scale
- Value-Driven Culture
- Scaling the Teams
- The Teams Process
- The Scrum of Scrums (SoS)
- The Scaled Daily Scrum (SDS)
- The Scaled Events
- The Dual Operating Model
The Scrum Master Cycle
- The Scrum of Scrums Master (SoSM)
- Patterns of Hyper-productive Teams
- Impediment Removal
- Cross Team Coordination
Executive Action Team (EAT)
- EAT Roles & Responsibilities
- EAT Backlog
- Continuous Improvement
- Impediment Removal
The Product Owner Cycle
- Scaling the Product
- The Chief Product Owner (CPO)
- Scaling the Product Owner Team
The Executive MetaScrum (EMS)
- Strategic Vision
- Stakeholder engagement
- Backlog Prioritization
- Backlog Refinement
- Release Planning
Connecting the Scrum Master and Product Owner Cycles
- Product Feedback
- Release Planning
Who should attend?
This course is geared toward managers, scrum masters, product owners, executives, or anyone with knowledge of Scrum and looking to scale their Scrum implementation across the organization.
- This course is for anyone interested in how Scrum can reform organizations to deliver twice the value in half the time.
- This course will help leaders and employees to become agile change agents at scale.
- This course will help managers start Agile transformations.
- This course will help managers lead and empower Scrum teams.
Get your Certificate or Badge
By the pros at One80
Take the Exam
Take a registered Scrum@Scale exam
Pass the exam and become a registered Scrum@Scale expert.
Our Scrum@Scale Workshops
PPPProduct Thinking: Project to Product Mindset
This course focuses on transitioning from project thinking (output driven) to a product thinking mindset (outcome focussed). Topics included: Design Thinking, Lean start-up, Mobius loop, OKRs...
Registered Scrum Master (RSM)
Developed by the co-creator of Scrum, Dr. Jeff Sutherland. Learn from industry experts and gain insights and strategies from decades of success launching high-performing Scrum teams in businesses around the globe.
This hands-on Jira course covers: how to set up projects and organize your work, create issues, manage sprints & dependencies, utilize dashboards, customize boards, and so much more...